Tuesday, September 14, 2010

His Eye Is On the Sparrow.....And I know He Watches Me.

Sparrow by Clair Bridge
http://www.flg.com.au/Exhibitions/Exhibitions09/FLG_treasures09.html



"Aren't two sparrows sold for only a penny? But your Father knows when any one of them falls to the ground. Even the hairs on your head are counted. So don't be afraid! You are worth much more than many sparrows" 
 Matthew 10:29-31




  An Uncommon Deep 

Not quite sure where I have been,
I think its called the "in-between".
Between what was and used to be,
And the King has come to set me free.
Its a place I've gone before,
While lying on the kitchen floor,
My ear pressed down to earth to see 
If I could hear my destiny.
And where I lay, I fell asleep
And drifted into an uncommon deep.
I dreamed a dream of many years,
Of many thoughts and unspoken fears.
I dreamed of running, climbing trees
Braids and ribbons, bumblebees.
I dreamed of growing, aging limbs,
Of ringing bells and singing hymns.
I dreamed of houses, cities, places,
Graying hair and countless faces.
And last of all, I saw a stream,
Golden water flowed and gleamed.
I felt a peace like none I've known.
I think I even called it home.
But soon the present stirred and crept
And shook the tiles on which I slept.
As each labored eye dared to open,
I heard these words so softly spoken:

"You can change the world's opinion.
You've been given full dominion,
To speak  the Truth, pray for Justice.
Walk in Love, you can trust this.
But you may not fail, I won't allow it.
I'll find some way to work around it.
Your failures are just stepping stones
And they all lead to one place...Home."

So here I sit, shook to the core,
A journey made on this kitchen floor.
One that won't soon be forgotten,
But words made to action...spoken of often.

-By Amanda Marie Harman 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment