Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Hidden Things.....


For here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to take you out of these countries, gather you from all over, and bring you back to your own land. I'll pour pure water over you and scrub you clean. I'll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I'll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that's God-willed, not self-willed. I'll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands. You'll once again live in the land I gave your ancestors. You'll be my people! I'll be your God

Ezekiel 36:25-27


So over the past week I have been on vacation. Due to the lovely weather that rolled through most of the country, I unfortunately was unable to go anywhere or for anyone to come visit. But I did get a chance to spend some amazing time with Jesus, write a ton and clean like the dickens! I cleaned out my closets, my old purses, under my bed, my storage containers and under my bathroom sink.  And upon my journey I discovered many things many things...like three other other bottles of face makeup that I didn't know I had....and recently had just purchased a brand new one because I thought I was out of it. I also found some makeup remover wipes I thought I was out of...as well as two separate packs of razors....like the ones I had just purchased. I found old letters, photos, journals, books....things I didn't know I had...things I had just tucked away and forgot about.

How many of us have hidden things within us we have forgotten about? Things we put away for a rainy day? Things God spoke that we put in the vault, never to be heard from again? Things that may be of use in such a time as this? Maybe the the thing you have been needing in your life, you have had inside all along.....

Maybe its time we ask the Lord  "Is it time?"

Have you had dreams in your heart that you tucked away because you didn't have faith that He could really make it happen?

This is what the Bible says:

"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us."  
 - Ephesians 3:20-21 (The Message)

Are you afraid to chase your dreams because of what others will say?

"You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."
-1 John 4:4 (NKJV)

Afraid you don't have the strength to do what he's called you to do?

"I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]."
 - Philippians 4:13 (Amplified Bible)


So what do you have hidden away inside you? What have you been holding back from the rest of us?
Maybe its time to share them with the world. Maybe its time to wake up, Sleeping Beauty.







No comments:

Post a Comment