Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Are You There, Amanda? Its Me, God...

source


"The God of glory thunders...

The voice of the Lord is powerful;   

the voice of the Lord is full of majesty."
 
Psalm 29:3-4 ESV


I find it very hard to be quiet anymore. I don't like my thoughts these days. Most of the time I find them to be tiresome and ugly. They are usually a mixture of judgement and self-loathing. Add in a little bitterness, anger and hate scheming in the background and you have quite the salad of human emotion. But doesn't Matthew 6 say "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also"? I treasure the emotion more than the Truth, so my heart follows accordingly. The emotion of the moment says to be rash and think only of myself but the Truth leads to a path made of purity and excellence. 

The problem with never being quiet is that most things are never truly heard. There is too much noise to compete with. Far too often, His call gets lost in the fray. 

The voice of the Lord is so beautiful. Its so powerful. It is a living, breathing entity that can shake the wilderness.  Its splits cedars in two and strips the forest bare. It is thick and heavy with majesty. Its tangible. You can hold on to it. You can draw strength from it. Its message is eternal.The same voice that spoke to Adam, Noah, Moses, Samuel and Mary speaks to us. The very same. 

Even as I write this, my heart aches for His voice. Why can't I be quiet? Why can't we all just be quiet and still, in wait for His thunder to shake us clean? 

I want to hear you Father. Even if its just a whisper. I miss the weight of your words, in every form, pervading the caverns of my heart.  I miss them. They used to be my food, my breath and my contentment. Help me to find them again. I want to meditate on something infinitely greater than my loathsome flesh and my traitorous heart. And for this reader, I ask the same. My we all come to a greater understanding of the dire need of Your word. May our ears be pricked in waiting for Your sound. Humble our hearts in the knowledge that nothing we will ever say, think or consume could ever come close to being more worthy than even a drop of your Truth. In Jesus name. Amen

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14 KJV

"Give unto the Lord, O you mighty ones,
Give unto the Lord glory and strength.
Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name;
Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.

The voice of the Lord is over the waters;
The God of glory thunders;
The Lord is over many waters.
The voice of the Lord is powerful;
The voice of the Lord is full of majesty.
The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars,

Yes, the Lord splinters the cedars of Lebanon.
He makes them also skip like a calf,
Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox.
The voice of the Lord divides the flames of fire.

The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness;
The Lord shakes the Wilderness of Kadesh.
The voice of the Lord makes the deer give birth,
And strips the forests bare;
And in His temple everyone says, “Glory!”

The Lord sat enthroned at the Flood,
And the Lord sits as King forever.
The Lord will give strength to His people;
The Lord will bless His people with peace."

 Psalm 29. NKJV


No comments:

Post a Comment