Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Just Want to Run....



  So I was out for my daily walk and I got this genious idea that I should run.......

   So many of my friends do it and you know, seems to work well for them. So I started to jog....for about five minutes. I was suddenly overcome with the thought of how awkward I must look. I wasn't jogging any faster than I can walk, bobbing up and down the street in my red chucks like a rubber duck in the bathtub. So I stopped and thought to myself, "What's the point? If I'm gonna run...I wanna really run." 

   The only problem with that is, to really be able to run the way I pictured it in my head, like some buff goddess from a Nike ad, covered in spandex and ripped beyond belief.....well, that requires time and training. It take discipline and patience to take the time every day to mold my body into the shape it needs to be in to endure. Its also takes equally as much patience and discipline to accept the fact that I'm not there yet and to be content to work with what I already have. Right now, I can walk...so I will. Later, I will run.

 You may be in a season where you know what you are called to do but nothing seems to be moving. You are praying and waiting, hoping each day will lend itself to be the day you finally get break through. I urge you strongly to continue in these acts. Wrestle,implore, and contend with the Lord for it. But in the mean time, in the waiting, stop to thank the Lord for where you're at and look for ways he is using this waiting to train you for the things to come.

 Use what He has giving you, right now, in this season, to bring glory to His name. Use this time to devour His word. Use this time to seek His face in prayer. Use this time to bless those around you with the use of your own two hands. But most importantly, wait on the Lord. Let your character be developed in patience. Soon enough, you will run....and there will be no stopping you.




"Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me,

My grace is enough; it's all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.

Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become." 

2 Corinthians 12:9-11

2 comments: