Thursday, January 6, 2011

Beautiful Things Out of Us.....




" You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us"
- Gungor.

Sorry I haven't written on you, my dearly beloved blog...the keeper of all my treasures and secrets....my outlet for the jumbled craziness that rattles in my head.....
Lately it seems as if my thoughts are more jumbled than ever.There is just so much going on in there...more than I can say aloud...or on a blog. So many crazy highs and lows of emotions walking through this holiday season. But I am so grateful because this was one of the best holidays I have ever had. It seemed like Jesus was making up for lost time. I even got a white Christmas. It was so amazing.

So here I am, coming out of the hectic holiday season and into a brand new year. Such a time of reflection and renewal. I have struggled so much lately with bitterness and anger. Well struggled isn't the word....caved and rolled around in is probably more the vision I should paint. As in true Mandy fashion, I took a pretty crappy time and made it worse by wallowing in self pity. I'm not one to make resolutions because frankly, I never make good on them. But this year I am determined to make good on one thing....I'm going to trust and walk without fear. I'm going to stop being angry at God and listen to Him. I'm going to talk to Him more and love more. I'm going to be a better person because I'm going to stop wallowing and rise. Rise above it all and overcome. Cause that's my job...to overcome...because He did it first.

So okay, that was more than one thing....but its my blog, I can do what I want :)
So let's not make any more idle  promises or resolutions....let's make commitments....covenants, even...with God to start really moving forward in the truth we should be standing on. I'm going to give Him these dry bones and He can make them live again....in any fashion He chooses. I'll prophesy life back into them and then stand back in awe at what He does. I don't need to be afraid of losing control...He only makes beautiful things.

"He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”
   I said, “Sovereign LORD, you alone know.”
Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath[a] enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.’”
 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.
 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’” So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.
 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.’”
 
Ezekiel 37:3-14
 


No comments:

Post a Comment